These days everyone craves for healthy, soft, acne-free, and glowing skin. But because of the hectic schedule, work stress, lack of sleep, unhealthy routine, and pollution, getting clear skin has become a difficult task. Pollution is increasing day by day, our skin comes in direct contact with harmful radiations so it becomes necessary to protect our skin. Home remedies are the best natural treatment for our skin.
Lots of products contain chemicals that sometimes harm our skin, but don’t worry we’ve mentioned here the best natural home remedies for glowing skin. These are simple, natural & easy to use remedies. By using these home cures for shining skin you can get a natural glow.
Note: By using these remedies and tips you can not make your skin overnight glowing. It takes time and you need to follow these tips regularly. Please don’t use anything in excess quantity.
Table of Contents
Here are Amazing Home Remedies For Glowing Skin
Check out these natural home remedies for glowing skin and it is recommended to use them at night(before going to bed) for better results.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is best for dry and dull skin, it locks the moisture in the skin and keeps it nourished. It is rich in fatty acids and protects the skin from UV radiation.
Benefits of coconut oil
- Coconut oil is a good stress-buster
- Keeps your skin moisturized
- Nourishes your hairs and keep them dandruff-free
- Provide antioxidants
How to use coconut oil
- Apply a few drops of oil on the face and neck
- Gently massage it in circular motion
- Leave the oil on overnight and wash it off in next morning
- If you have extremely dry skin use this oil twice a week.
Honey is rich in antioxidants and helps to keep the skin hydrated. It works well for hair and skin, organic honey is most effective and also helps to reduce blemishes, acne, and dead skin cells.
Benefits of using honey for the skin
- Reduce dry & dull skin
- Keep the skin moisturized
- Make the skin soft & shiny
- Fight acne & pimples, and brighten the skin.
How to use honey
- Clean the skin properly and apply raw honey on the skin
- Gently massage for a few minutes and leave it for 8-10 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Use it alternate days for best results
Turmeric has anti-bacterial properties that help to get rid of puffiness and gives you clean & glowing skin. It’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties treat acne, protect skin, and heal injuries.
Benefits of using turmeric
- Helps to heal injuries
- Good immunity booster
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases
- Give a natural glow
How to use turmeric
- Mix half teaspoon of turmeric powder with gram flour
- Add some milk or water to form a paste
- Add few drops of rose water
- Apply this on your face and neck and leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse with normal water
- Apply a good moisturizer.
4. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is the best natural medicine for skin and hair. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants that help to keep your skin soft and glowing. Aloe vera keeps your skin hydrated, protects from sunburn, and also prevents acne.
Benefits of aloe vera
- Keep your skin young and healthy
- It is very effective in weight loss
- Prevent the skin from wrinkles
- Keep the skin hydrated
How to use aloe vera
- You can make aloe vera juice or
- Apply aloe vera or aloe vera gel directly on the skin
- Leave for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse your skin with lukewarm water
Lemon contains citric acid and vitamin C that help to remove tan and make your business brighter. It also helps to reduce darkness, dead cells, and moisturize the skin.
Benefits of using lemon
- Treat acne
- Lighten skin darkness
- Contain natural vitamin C that helps to reduce skin damage
How to use lemon
- Mix lemon with sugar and apply it on your face using cotton
- Scrub in a circular motion and leave it for at least 10 minutes
- Rinse it with warm water and apply moisturizer
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil is the best natural moisturizer. It contains vitamins A, D, E, and K. These vitamins help in preventing early aging of the skin. Olive oil repairs skin damage and also fights cancer-causing cells.
Benefits of olive oil for the skin
- It is rich in vitamins
- Moisturize the skin and fights bacteria
- Improves skin health
- Cures cracked heels
How to use olive oil
- The best time to use olive oil is at night, apply it on the face and neck
- Massage for two to three minutes
- Dip the towel in warm water, squeeze off excess water and place it on the face
- Dip the towel again in warm water and wipe off excess oil
- Now, with a clean towel dry off the face and neck.
Yogurt is a natural moisturizer, it is rich in lactic acid. It is good for the skin and helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. You can also try different yogurt by adding some extra ingredients; like honey, aloe-vera, or use it directly on the skin.
Benefits of using yogurt
- Its creamy texture provides proper moisturizer to the skin
- This face mask help to brighten your skin
- Reduce the risk of sun damage and protect the skin from harmful rays
- Help to reduce fine line, acne, and wrinkles
- Treat skin infection.
How to use yogurt
- Take yogurt ½ cup or according to your face.
- Apply it on the skin by using cotton. Cover full face.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Wash with cold water.
Note: You can apply it directly or add a teaspoon of honey, olive oil, turmeric, etc.
Milk is one of the best pure and natural remedies for skin. It helps to remove tanning and nourishes the skin. Use raw milk because it contains skin-friendly ingredients. You can also use honey with milk to moisturize the skin and make it healthy.
Benefits of using milk
- Provide soft, smooth, & wrinkle-free skin
- Natural moisturizer for the skin
- Contains lots of vitamins
- Remove tanning
How to use milk
- You can apply raw milk directly on the skin
- Mix honey or gram flour(Besan) with milk and make a paste of it
- Apply all over the face and leave for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with warm water.
Bananas are rich in vitamins and minerals. They are the best moisturizer for skin and also help to hydrate the skin. Bananas prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of using banana
- Make the skin soft and glowing
- Fight acne and pimples
- Rich in vitamin A, B, C, and E
- Hydrate and moisturize dry skin
- Lightens dark spots
How to use banana
- Mask a banana or you can add some honey or milk with banana
- Apply it on the face and neck
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
Rosewater helps to reduce the redness of the skin and control excess oil. It brightens and refreshes the skin. Rosewater also helps to maintain the pH balance and remove dirt from the skin.
Benefits of using rose water
- Hydrate and moisturize the skin
- Help to deeply clean the skin pores
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
How to use rose water
- Directly dip the cotton ball in the rose water and apply it all over the face and neck.
Tip: Wash your face and apply it on the face by using a cotton ball. Use it every night before going to bed.
Tips to protect your skin
Our skin is sensitive, we have to take care of our skin and protect it from the sun or other harmful radiations. Waking early in the morning and going for a walk is the best remedy. There are lots of Health benefits of morning walk. Here are some tips to protect your skin:
- Regularly wash your skin, especially your face; wash your face at least twice a day.
- Drink 10-12 glass of water daily
- Avoid direct rays of sun on the skin. Removing tan from hands and other exposed parts of body is necessary for a clear skin. There are 10 best home remedies of getting rid of accumulated tan.
- Avoid using unhealthy things; like smoking cigarettes, consumption of alcohol, etc.
- Regularly moisturize your skin and apply sunscreen.
- Remove all makeup before going to bed.
- Don’t use expired skin products
- Take a healthy diet. Add more & more green vegetables, juice, fruits, dry fruits into your diet.
- Wake up early in the morning and do exercise and yoga.
These are some tips and home remedies for glowing skin. Follow them regularly and make your skin bright & healthy. Please share your ideas & experience with us in the comments.