Do you notice small and dark bumps on your skin and especially around your nose and wonder what the heck they are and why do they exist? Well, those are nothing else but Blackheads– a feature of mild acne.
Now, The first question that comes to our mind is “How are these irritating and ugly Blackheads are caused?” Well, they are caused when the hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells, dirt, or excess oil. While your face and neck are the most prone areas for blackheads to be formed, they can also appear on your chest, shoulders, back, or even on your arms as there are hair follicles in these areas too. Each follicle contains one hair and a sebaceous gland that produces oil- known as sebum. Sebums helps to keep your skin soft.
When dead skin cells, oil, or dirt gets collected in the opening to the hair follicle, it leads to the production of a bump called a “comedo”. If a comedo stays close, it’s a Whitehead. And if a comedo stays open, the dead skin cells react with oxygen and turn black, causing a blackhead. There are numerous Face Washes for Blackheads that can be used to get rid of them.
Table of Contents
- Wondering how blackheads can be prevented?
- Top 10 Face Washes for Blackheads
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser
- Garnier SkinActive Deep Pore Exfoliating Scrub
- Clean & Clear Oil-Free Deep Action Exfoliating Facial Scrub
- L’Oreal Paris Skincare Men Expert Hydra Energetic Facial Cleanser
- WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Exfoliating Face Wash
- Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
- Mamaearth charcoal natural face wash for blackheads
Wondering how blackheads can be prevented?
Besides using Face washes for blackheads, you can follow these simples to prevent them from appearing on your skin:
- Wash your face 2 times a day with a gentle cleanser before using a moisturizer.
- If you have oily hair, wash them regularly.
- Avoid the use of comedogenic products on your face.
- Exfoliate once a week. It helps to remove dead skin cells that lead to Blackheads.
- Use salicylic acid while cleansing or moisturizing your face. It is a great acne-fighting skincare ingredient.
- Eat a balanced diet and stay hydrated.
- If you have oily skin, apply a clay mask once a week to absorb excess sebum.
- Avoid smoking.
Top 10 Face Washes for Blackheads
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash is infused with Tree Tea Oil that’s helps to cleanse blemish skin with each use. It forms a cooling leather that removes dirt and excess oil which leads to a refreshed and purified skin.
- Cooling and refreshing on the skin
- Deeply cleanses pores
- Visibly clear skin
- Reduces oiliness and shine
Price: Rs. 695 for 250 ml.
Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser
Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser is a dermatologist-tested cleanser that improves the look and feel of the skin. It thoroughly cleanses clogged pores and removes dirt, oil, and makeup if any. It removes dead skin cells without leaving behind any pore-causing reside.
- Contains Salicylic acid
- Oil-free and Comedogenic
- Leaves the skin soft and smooth
- Ideal for normal to oily skin
- Dermatologist tested
Price: Rs. 399 for 200 ml.
Garnier SkinActive Deep Pore Exfoliating Scrub
Garnier SkinActive Deep Pore Exfoliating Scrub is one of the best exfoliating scrubs available out there. It cleanses the skin while gently exfoliating it. It decongests skin while reducing the appearance of pores leaving the skin smoother.
- 96% naturally derived ingredients
- Contains tea-tree oil and Aloe
- Ideal for all skin types, especially oily skin
- Parabens Free
- Sulphate Free
Price: Rs. 764 for 150 ml.
Clean & Clear Oil-Free Deep Action Exfoliating Facial Scrub
Clean & Clear Oil-Free Deep Action Exfoliating Facial Scrub is designed to cleanse pore while gently exfoliating the skin. It provides a cooling sensation as you gently massage it on your skin. It can be used for everyday cleansing.
- Gel Based
- Gently Exfoliates Skin
- Cooling Formula
Price: Rs 495 for 100ml
L’Oreal Paris Skincare Men Expert Hydra Energetic Facial Cleanser
L’Oreal Paris Skincare Men Expert Hydra Energetic Facial Cleanser is a powerful purifying cleanser specially formulated for men. It contains charcoal which acts as a purifying agent to draw and remove impurities, excess sebum, and dirt. It fights 5 major skin problems- shine, blackheads, stickiness, dullness, and enlarged pores.
- Contains Charcoal
- Specially formulated for men
- Comes in a black gel texture
- Contains Sallycilic acid
Price: 540 for 100ml
WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Exfoliating Face Wash
WOW, Apple Cider Vinegar Exfoliating Face Wash comes with a built-in silicone brush. It is a skin clarifying and deep cleansing face wash, formulated to remove impurifications, excess oil, and makeup. The silicon brush helps to deep cleanse and improve blood circulation while removing dead skin cells and clearing impurities.
- Fights Acne, blackheads, and pores
- Parabens, sulfate, and silicones free
- Gives clean, clear, and toned skin
- Removes dirt, pollution, and makeup residue
Price: Rs599 for 100ml
Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser comes with orange extracts while helps to soften, revive, and refresh the skin. It also contains Moringa seed extracts that help to purify and refine while locking in skin’s natural moisture and Gentle silica microbeads that help to exfoliate skin and helps to clean clogged pores.
- Detoxes and tones the skin
- Cleanse and refine pores
- Exfoliates skin
- Dermatologist tested
- Contains Orange extracts and Moringa seed extracts
Price: Rs 2000 for 125ml
Mamaearth charcoal natural face wash for blackheads
Mamaearth Charcoal Face Wash With Activated Charcoal And Coffee For Oil Control is your go-to solution for healthy and glowing skin as it contains activated charcoal, coffee extracts, and aloe vera extracts. Activated charcoal present in it gently removes dirt, microparticles, and impurities. Coffee extracts exfoliate the skin and reduce breakouts from clogged pores. Aloe vera helps in reducing acne and speeding up scars recovery.
- Contains Activated charcoal, Aloe vera, and coffee extracts.
- Detoxifies skin
- Unclogs Pores
- Sulfates and Phthalates free
- Makes skin soft and smooth
Price: Rs 249 for 100ml
These were our recommendations for Face Washes to get rid of Blackheads. Choose the one which suits your needs the best!
Some Facts about Blackheads
- Do not squeeze or scrub the blackhead as that would make it worse.
- Blackheads are made up of trapped dirt and have nothing to do with the hygiene of the skin. It is made up of oxidized melanin.
- Blackheads appear when hormones lead to the increased production of sebum.
- Blackheads are non-inflammatory which means they are not infected and hence will not cause irritation.